Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holiday Art Fair Invitation

Annually, a cross section of local and out-of-market artists are selected by a committee to participate in the Mansfield Art Center Holiday Art Fair. 

Consigned art runs the gamut from paintings to pottery, textiles to dimensional presentations, and much that falls between.

After seeing the guitars I create, the committee invited me to participate in the fair, so I'll hang fifteen guitars, which range in style and price, to be purchased as gifts for someone special, or for the individual who wishes to have a very unique instrument.

I feel honored to have been considered for inclusion in the event, especially since I am familiar with the quality of the art that hangs in this annual invitational.

Since it is a consignment arrangement, some of the money from each sale stays with the art center to help fund it.  A win, win situation for artists and the center.

This is my first 'real' showing of the instruments I design and build, so it will be interesting to see how they are received in the art world, and by discriminating buyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment