Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thank You Irene!

It's a matter of perspective.

Hurricane Irene screwed up my weekend plans, but I learned a long time ago, that for every action there is an opposite reaction, and a person just has to have the right attitude.  It's kinda like looking for a pony in a crib full of horse manure!

So what's the big deal, you ask?

Well, I decided, since the trip to York was off, to drop into my favorite cigar shop, Burning Leaf, to say hello to Jeff, and to pick up a box or three.  Jeff wasn't there, but I met a new friend, Valter, who just happens to own Jimmy V's Grill & Pub, a cool little place a block away.  Valter was quizing me about the guitars I build, and asked if I would build one for him, featuring the pub. 

Of course, I said yes.  We shook hands, and the rest is history.  I took off to create a guitar for Valter.  How's that for turning a situation around?

Thank you Irene!  You're a nasty little girl, but you couldn't keep a good man down.  And, thank you Valter!

Stay tuned for a peek at the Jimmy V's guitar in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment