Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene Screwed Up My Weekend!

I was all set to head out this morning for York, PA to enjoy the York Fest and the annual Cigar Box Guitar Festival, but Hurricane Irene changed my plans.

The weather service assured me that I would be spending the weekend in a progressively worsening weather condition . . . rain, more rain, severe wind, and more rain.  So, I opted to drop the plan.  Who needs to drive six-and-a-half hours to experience the effects of a hurricane? 

Not me.  Been there and done that.  I remember too well the effects of Hurricane Bonnie when it hit southeast Texas back in the mid-eighties.  We survived it with no major damage, but I saw a very large tree in my neighbors yard fall and take off the end of his two-story house, while he stood there in his undies watching things collapse around him.

Geez, I'm gonna miss seeing friends and hearing a lot of great music.  Oh well, there's next year to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment