Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Music in the 'Stan

Today, I shipped a three-string guitar to HM2 Eddy Phouthaboun, a US Navy Corpsman stationed at Bastion Hospital in Afghanistan.

The basis for the guitar is a collectors limited edition Arturo Fuente Opus X Piramide cigar box commemorating 'The Lost City' production directed by Andy Garcia.  There were only 600 of this particular box made and issued throughout the world, so he'll have a special creation soon.

Eddy wanted a design that is, as he said, "nothing fancy", but with a theme that would reflect his home and remind him of San Francisco.  So, on the back of the body is a collage of photos that should do the job.

I love being able to share my creations with new friends serving us in the military, in a place I would not visit under the best of conditions.  I have the greatest respect for them . . . not one time has any one of them complained about the job they are doing . . . something many of our citizens stateside could learn from.  Talk about working in a hostile environment for minimum wage!

Eddy and his friends are my heroes!



No comments:

Post a Comment